June 26, 2017

#hellopaulsmith


The day after my recital, I decided to take a day off and finally got to enjoy Taipei in a sunnier and drier version. It has seriously been raining for the whole past freakin week -_- Honestly, I didn't know Paul Smith as a fashion designer that well before this exhibition but I know his "pink wall" a bit too well through Instagram. (hah)  So I thought, hm why not check it out today - and I ended up enjoyed it so much. I think he is very inspiring in a way that, he is observing and collecting ideas and information all the time - no matter it's something special or ordinary - and he can make it work and transform what he sees through his eyes into his works - it's quite amazing     



At one point, I was wondering how does he put all these bright color together and they still make sense to me - fyi I only have boring colors in my closet -




This Leica really caught my eyes at the moment that I still can't figure out why - it just seems so simple but special - and I finally found my answers from the words he wrote below


"Start something new
take pleasure seriously
life is not about shorter hours or longer hours, it's about every hour
stop making sense...logic is predictable...think differently
seeing by doing... doing by seeing."

He is not trying make sense, not trying to use ordinary colors, patterns, fabrics - he does it because they are pleasures and they are well worth it - that's definitely something I really admire about. It's okay to mess up, it's better to be yourself :)


Thank you for stopping by again and hope you guys enjoyed the photos  and some hsindy thoughts - until next time :p

No comments:

Post a Comment