April 27, 2017

getaway - the cloisters


 Need a break from crazy Manhattan? This little adventure was from a few weeks ago but I thought I should really share the experience and photos to you guys, since i liked it so much. keep reading if you are interested -
I first saw the cloisters on one of my friends' instagram and thought "dude we have this in manhattan?" So i did some research on it and asked my friend Ashley to come with / be my model / I am scared to go by myself. We took the 1 train up to 191th street and couldn't find the entrance...(usually i am good at google map) but instead we walked into this cool tunnel which led us to the A train and also brought us to the entrance of Fort Tryon Park. Tada!! told you I am good at directions😎. But yeah, if you are going to this park/ the cloisters take the A train, it's just less confusing.


I still remember it was windy and cold that day, but the beautiful view and quietness up there was worth it. I love how there weren't a lot of people comparing to central park and you get to enjoy the whole space and scenery by yourself - I love having my own moments. You get to see the Hudson river from a higher angle with the George Washington Bridge above it. It's really nice. I would def want to come back when the weather is even warmer.


The cloister is located at the northern part of the Fort Tryon Park. It is a museum specializing in European medieval architecture, sculpture and decorative arts. It is also a part of the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I actually did't know all these until we got there, all I knew was there are good lighting and cool arches (hah)

   

I am not always a museum person but I love the feeling of being surrounded by arts. idk, it's hard to explain, I guess I really enjoy watching them even though sometimes I don't understand them 100 percent... but just by imaging the time and effort the artists put in, I appreciate them a lot. PLUS, I can get some "artsy" photos, why not check it out? 


I feel like I talked too much, but last thing about the museum, these windows thoooo!! Besides the garden with lots of arches and poles you saw in the previous pictures, this might be my favorite thing in the museum. It reminds me so much of the churches in Europe, pretty colors and super delicate, and it's perfect for backlit photos...(even though I am still not very good at editing them)

Afterwards, we took an uber down to ROKC, it's a cute Japanese ramen restaurant with very nice cocktail menu and delicious oysters at happy hour! Love the ambiance so much that I almost thought I was somewhere in east village. I didn't take any photos for our ramens because the lighting weren't that great, but they were delicious, broth was light and had lots of flavors in it! We both really enjoyed their cocktails as well plus the look made the experience even better -  all about that pretty looking food. I would totally stop by again when I am around the area.


hope you guys enjoy the photos, lemme know your thought below, otherwise see you next time :)
p.s Happy Birthday to my model Ashley!!!!

👆all content © Cindy Lin unless noted

2 comments:

  1. Aww...I enjoyed the trip so much! Thanks for taking me there:) love you Cindy��
    -ashley

    ReplyDelete