July 25, 2018

Czeching in



Guess who's back on the blogging situation - sorry it has been a while since last update. Currently sitting at the hotel lobby in Amsterdam but I want to talk about Czech Republic first. I call this an unexpected trip because it was one of those moments when thoughts didn't really process in you head but you let your hands make the decisions aka my why not moments - and boom I Czeched in. 


I didn't really tell people that I am doing this trip and many of you thought I moved to Europe lol but am actually here for a music festival/ have a good time/ explore and all that - I don't think I can leave nyc without saying a proper goodbye yet. A lot of unexpected things happened within a month - I get to follow Mozart and Dvorak's footsteps performing in some crazy beautiful concert halls (don't think that will happen ever again.) I get to learn about different cultures, lifestyle and live like a local. And most importantly, I get to make music and be friends with so many great people from different parts of the world - despite my anti-hsocialness.




These are my favorite photos from Tabor, a very small town filled with narrow alleys, colorful houses and their unique trashcans. I spent 2 weeks there and really enjoyed the quietness and cheapness - it's unbelievable CHEAP. I didn't really find any food that's particular memorable but if you are around the area, def worth stopping by. 


A few friends and I made a day trip to Cesky Krumlov, discovered more red roofs and had the best pork chop I've ever had.


The rest of the photos were shot in Prague - compare to Tabor, it's like a whole new world. Lots of tourists, lots of coffee shops and many good restaurants - just the way I like it :p My favorite way of starting my day before crazy rehearsals was picking a different route every morning and getting lost in morning lights with a great cup of coffee.








Of course, I can't end this blog without sharing my best meal in Prague. Eska is a restaurant with a bakery which brings together the traditional and the modern - on the plate and even the interior. They uses local Czech ingredients and experimental ideas to create interesting explosion in your mouth -  not the prettiest plating but the flavors were so bomb. Tbh, all the dishes we ordered were really good but if I had to pick, the highlight of the meal was definitely their cocktail Gin and fermented tonic, I can dink that thing all day. Oh, and their sourdough, it was amazing. 






I think I said everything I wanted to say and it's a great place to stop. Thanks for stopping by and I hope you enjoyed the photos. Maybe I will share Netherlands next? maybe. 



No comments:

Post a Comment