February 7, 2018

twentyeighteen



Welcome back to hsindy maybe (wave), I know I know...I have been really bad at updating regularly. But hey, happy new year and happy February! I am not planning to talk about anything in particular today but I just want to share some of my favorite photographs I took recently - because I just don't post enough on instagram and facebook lol

We have a good amount of snow this winter and I quite like it. The right kind of snow is definitely more magical and fluffy comparing to rain - although the nyc snow usually turns into grey soupy mess after 2 hours (right?) anyways, my point is, I love going into the cold and shoot and the park is usually my go-to place.

I have been shooting lots of events, concerts and just people in general and challenging myself with some not so great lightings and weird white balances because of the indoor setting - but I enjoy seeing how people interact, different face expressions and the story behind them. Sometimes grainy and underexposed photos can be cool too :p




The other day, a few friends came over to my place and did a mini photo-shoot of each other - that was fun. It's always interesting to have different photographers shooting the same model because the end products are just unique in their own way - I love it, we should do this more (any model volunteer?)





Hopefully, you don't find me talking too much.
Last weekend, I finally went to this super hyped cafe at Soho - La Mercerie. It was like a dream walking in there - I literally told my friend I am gonna move in (hah) I just wanted to photograph everything. Despite the prettiness of everything, let's talk about the food - they only have pastries and coffee/cocktails for now. The coffee was pretty disappointed tbh, and I did't even get to try the croissants because they were sold out. Everything else was okay - the chocolate cake, brioche and cookie. I guess I will have to give them a second chance and come back for their cocktails.






And, if you made it to the end, thank you for stopping by and hope you enjoyed a little piece of my life. OH, and I also created a new website, go check it out - click here. I will see you next time :)

2 comments: